This project is read-only.

Web Part is Empty

Nov 17, 2008 at 10:45 AM
Hi all,

This web part look great, really want to get it working as it could save me a huge headache!!

Unfortunately I've not been able to get it working as of yet - its loaded and activated fine, but when added to a page it shows nothing. I have approx 250 user profiles which should have all the relevant info completed. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Matt
Nov 17, 2008 at 9:42 PM
I'm in the same situation. We have about 300 users and it takes a while to load up, but it is totally blank.
Nov 18, 2008 at 9:04 AM
I've been looking through and playing with the source code - I think the problem might be in the javascript used for the tree layout. I'm guessing but if any single field is blank or mis-typed the whole thing wont show.
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2008 at 3:57 PM
Edited Nov 18, 2008 at 3:58 PM
Hi All,

The user is not added to the chart if its full name is empty or its last name is empty to avoid adding service accounts. You may be experiencing time-out or any other related error. After loading the page, look the source code in html and see if you can find 'myTreeContainer'. If you van't you may have a problem of time-out. See this article:
http://wss.collutions.com/Lists/FAQ/DispForm.aspx?ID=224

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Rodney
Nov 20, 2008 at 9:46 AM
Hi rviana,

I just checked and the 'myTreeContainer' div is there, although its empty (porbably as you'd expect. The script element below it is also complete with 217 users (I have 233 imported but I gather the rest have been excluded due to incomplete fields etc).

If you want any of the html / javascript output let me know

Thanks for your help

Matt
Nov 20, 2008 at 10:13 AM
Hi all,

I've been doing some further investigation and the problem seemed to be caused by an employee with the surname o'leary - the apostrophe caused a string to terminate in the javascript. Once I took this out everything else resolved - although it has now exposed some issues with the profile import!!

Cheers

Matt
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2008 at 7:21 PM

Hi niceguymatxx,

I believe this problem of the apostrophe should be resolved by the orgchart code :)

I need developers to work on this project. I know what is necessary to do, but I don't have time to work on this.

Volunteers?

Thanks,

Rodney

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Hey,

This looks like a great webpart, but I cant get it to work!!! :(

I am trying to install in a test enviroment with only 15 users, when I try installing the Web Part I get the following error on the deploysolution command, please help!!

stsadm -o deploysolution -name c:\downloads\OrgChartPart.wsp -allowgacdeployment -immediate

Syntax error in argument: name.

Thanks

-Daniel

Dec 22, 2009 at 8:50 PM

I finally got it deployed and into SharePoint as a web part but I am having the same issue here, nothing is displayed in the web part, its empty.......any suggestions or solutions for this?

Thanks

-Daniel

Coordinator
Dec 22, 2009 at 9:57 PM
danc013 wrote:

I finally got it deployed and into SharePoint as a web part but I am having the same issue here, nothing is displayed in the web part, its empty.......any suggestions or solutions for this?

Thanks

-Daniel

See my previous entry at Nov 18 2008 at 9:57 AM:

"Hi All,

The user is not added to the chart if its full name is empty or its last name is empty to avoid adding service accounts. You may be experiencing time-out or any other related error. After loading the page, look the source code in html and see if you can find 'myTreeContainer'. If you van't you may have a problem of time-out. See this article:
http://wss.collutions.com/Lists/FAQ/DispForm.aspx?ID=224

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Rodney"
Dec 22, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Hey Rodney,

I have checked all of the following, I have all the information filled in Full Name, Last Name ect... I did check the source and successfully found the 'myTreecontainer' div. do you think it is still a time out issue, this link: http://wss.collutions.com/Lists/FAQ/DispForm.aspx?ID=224 is not a valid link anymore, can you provide a working link or any additional suggestions, I can provide more detail if need just don't know what might help resolve this.

Thanks again,

-Daniel

May 5, 2010 at 5:15 AM

Ok I am having the same issue,  I could be wrong but it could be this line in the source <style type='text/css'>v\:*{ behavior:url(#default#VML);}</style> if you are viewing in IE8 it may show blank, see link here http://www.lrbabe.com/?p=104

the selector should be <style type='text/css'>v\: *{ behavior:url(#default#VML);}</style> (note the space between V:\ * )